Enjoy cooking? Writing? Eating? Join the ranks of eSS contributors. We are seeking volunteer bloggers to write about our local food community. Explore your passion, share with our readers, and build your portfolio.
We are looking for people willing to make a 3-month commitment, with 2 blogs a month, 500 words or less per post. We do prefer each blogger to have his or her own single theme or focus for all posts.
Some of the popular column/themes on our blog:
- Sustainability 101
- Foodie Heal Thyself
- Better Living through Local Foods
- Healthy Bites for a Healthy Life
- Community Supported Fishery week by week
Other possible ideas – just to get your creative juices flowing:
- Visiting restaurants that are independent and locally owned
- Cooking with locally made products (using Simpson Spring Soda as marinade, using Ruuska Pickles in a relish, using a local granola in cookies)
- Tips for a locavore
- What to do with your CSA share of goodies or Farmers’ Market tresures
- Eating local Seafood
- Carnivore sources
- Exploring different types of diet: vegan, vegetarian, paleo, raw, etc.
- Explore a different veggie with each post
- Health kids meals and tips for getting kids to try new things
- Photo blog focusing on food, veggies, etc
Send us a proposal for your column along with a few sample sentences. We are open to all ideas. Limited blogging spots available. The next rotation starts this month!
Please send to Laurie@ediblesouthshore.com